Warning: preg_replace_callback(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 56 in /home/billyou/public_html/homecoffeeroastingbasics.com/wp-content/plugins/amazon-affiliate-link-globalizer/amazon-link-globalizer.php on line 175
The best way I could think of to quickly and easily educate people to the many health benefits of coffee was with a bulleted checklist.
It can easily be scanned for items of interest..
I was looking to produce some ‘Aha’ moments. If you’d like further details on something that piques your interest you may want to check out my exhaustive post on the health benefits of coffee. It goes into a great amount of detail. Of course, you can do your own research.
To give myself a pat on the back I thought a bulleted checklist could provide the information you might need, without putting you to sleep.
So without further ado let’s get to it.
25 Health Benefits Of Coffee Checklist
□ Coffee Provides Key Nutrients
- Black coffee has zero calories
- One cup of coffee contains
- 2% RDA Vitamin B3
- 11% RDA vitamin B12
- 6% RDA vitamin B5
- 3% RDA potassium and manganese
- 7 milligrams of magnesium
- 2 grams of fiber
- Loaded With Key Antioxidants – It is the #1 source of antioxidants in the American diet
- More antioxidants than a standard serving of oranges, raspberries, grape juice, and even blueberries to reduce inflammation, and lower risk of diseases and illness related to inflammation
- Plant Phenols
- Chlorogenic Acid
□ Coffee Aids Focus and Concentration
- Caffeine helps the brain to function more efficiently and boosts cognitive function
- The bloodstream absorbs caffeine and takes it to the brain where it blocks Adenosine, inhibitory neurotransmitter that helps increase dopamine levels helping to boost mood, focus, and concentration
- Increases attention span
- Increases ability to reason logically
- Dramatically improves reaction time
- Those who drink 3-5 cups of coffee on a daily basis have a 65% less chance of developing Alzheimer’s or dementia in their older years
- Boosts memory
- Increases vigilance
□ Coffee Boosts Energy
- Alleviates fatigue
□ Coffee Helps Heart Health
- Loaded with phytochemicals that have anti-inflammatory effects helping to reduce risks for numerous heart related diseases, atherosclerotic blockages
- Improves blood sugar control helping control diabetes that causes higher risks for cardiovascular diseases and strokes
- Promotes oral health by slowing down the progression of and possibly reversing periodontal disease that has been linked to heart disease
- Reduces risk of death after experiencing a heart attack
□ Coffee Fights Cancer
- Contains cancer fighting agents
- Chlorogenic Acid: An antioxidant and major phenol in coffee
- Quinic Acid: A phytochemical in coffee that gives it its acidic taste
- Cafestol: Only found in unfiltered coffee like French press or boiled coffee
- Kahweol: Only found in unfiltered coffee like French press or boiled coffee
- Caffeine: Stimulates the central nervous system
- N-Methylpyridinium (NMB): An antioxidant in coffee that is created through the roasting process
- Riboflavin: Vitamin B2
- Breast Cancer – Drinking at least two to three cups of coffee daily can reduce risks for developing breast cancer or possibly delay its onset
- Oral Cancer is reduced by 39% when four or more cups of coffee are consumed a day
- Brain Cancer – Both men and women may get a 40% reduction in certain forms of brain cancer
- Colorectal Cancer – Researchers report the finding that coffee is associated with a lower risk of colorectal cancer, and the more coffee the subjects drank, the lower their risk became.
- Liver Cancer – Scientists report a 41% reduction in liver cancer risk if you drink 1-3 cups of coffee a day
- Skin Cancer – Coffee drinkers are less likely to develop melanoma, a deadly form of skin cancer
- Prostate Cancer – A 60% reduction in prostate cancer risk in men was found when consuming 6 cups of coffee a day
- Uterine Cancer – Scientists have found coffee to be a protective factor for uterine cancer with the greatest benefits resulting from four cups a day, but even drinking two or three cups reduced risks by 7% as compared to women who drank no coffee at all
□ Coffee Reduces Risk of Stroke
- There is evidence that coffee drinking can reduce the risk of stroke by 20%
□ Coffee Lowers Risk Of Type 2 Diabetes
- Studies have shown that coffee drinkers can reduce their risk of Type II diabetes by as much as 50%
- Chlorogenic acid in coffee inhibits the absorption of glucose, evening out insulin levels
□ Coffee Reduces Risk of Parkinson’s Disease
- Studies have shown that caffeine may lower risks of Parkinson’s by up to 60%
□ Coffee Protects Against Dementia
- Studies have shown coffee to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s by as much as 65%
□ Coffee Protects The Liver
- Those who drink at least 4 cups of (black) coffee every day can protect their liver from cirrhosis, reducing the risk of liver disease by 80%
□ Coffee Helps Weight Loss
- Caffeine reduces hunger pangs
- Inhibits cravings
- Promotes fat burning
- Suppresses the appetite – drinking coffee helps you eat less and feel more satisfied while eating less food, before meals is the ideal time for a few sips of coffee to get the most benefits from its appetite suppressing affect.
- Increases metabolism – Caffeine in coffee can increase metabolic rate in lean persons by as much as 29% and in the obese by as much as 10%, even when at rest
- Caffeine raises alertness, combats sleepiness, and makes the body produce more adrenaline improving workouts and motivation to exercise
□ Coffee Enhances Workouts
- Improves performance
- Boosts fatty acids within the blood stream, allowing muscle to absorb and burn fats for fuel which saves carb reserves for burning later in the workout
□ Coffee Helps Muscle Repair
- Drinking just two cups of coffee can reduce muscle pain following a workout by 48%
□ Coffee Helps Fight Depression
- Drinking at least 4 cups of coffee everyday may reduce risk of depression by up to 20% and risk of suicide by 53%
□ Coffee Enhances Mood and Happiness
- Raises brain chemicals that promote a sense of wellbeing
□ Coffee Reduces Stress
- Just smelling coffee is enough to help lower stress levels
□ Coffee Reduces Inflammation
- Caffeine blocks brain receptors that cause inflammation
- Coffee drinkers have fewer inflammatory molecules
□ Coffee Enhances Motor Function
- Improves efficiency of performing repetitive tasks that do not require technical processing
□ Coffee Prevents Cavities
- Black coffee kills bacteria in plaque that forms on the teeth, resulting in tooth decay
□ Coffee Reduces Risk of Retinal Damage
- Chlorogenic acid reduces risks of retinal damage caused by oxidative stress
□ Coffee Reduces Risk Of Multiple Sclerosis
- Reduces inflammation that leads to MS
□ Coffee Helps Pain Management
- Caffeine acts as a pain suppressant and an anti-inflammatory, helping you to feel less pain and discomfort
□ Coffee Extends Your Life
- Since coffee can reduce risks of so many diseases, it can extend your life
- Research has found a strong association between coffee consumption and reduced risks of death from heart disease, respiratory disease, and other chronic conditions
- One study reported that those who drank three to five cups of coffee daily reduced risks of premature death by 15% as compared to people who never drank coffee
- One study found drinking coffee to lower risk of death for women by 26% and for men by 20%
- One study found drinking coffee reduced the risk of death in people with type 2 diabetes by 30%
I really enjoyed putting this post together. Is some light bulb went off over the top of your head and you got some new ideas about how healthy coffee truly is, I did my job.
Also, most of the health benefits coffee are preventative in nature. I think it would be unreasonable to assume that once you’re diagnosed with a particular disease drinking a whole lot of coffee will cure it.
I view the health benefits of coffee along the lines of every little bit helps.
Wishing you the best in your coffee endeavors.
Coffee Lover’s Accessories:
Here are some gift ideas to help make your coffee experiences richer. We selected these gifts based on practicality and usefulness any coffee lover would appreciate.
1. Ground Coffee Dispenser. No need to measure every time.Designed to measure one tablespoon at a time, the dispenser can be used to place ground coffee directly into coffee makers or espresso machines. It is constructed to keep ground coffee fresh for maximum flavor, and the included base keeps counter tops clean of ground coffee spills. Holds up to half a pound of ground coffee. Click & Check it out here. Image below.
2. Digital Multifunction Kitchen and Food Scale An accurate scale is a must for precision coffee making and coffee bean roasting. This is a top seller. Precision Tare Button calculates the net weight of your ingredients by automatically subtracting the weight of any bowl or container.Runs on 2 AAA batteries (included) that automatically power-off after 2-minutes to preserve battery life. Click & Check it out here. Image below.
3. Grey Iced Coffee Maker – Travel Mug Pour hot coffee in – get iced coffee out. Make chilled iced coffee or tea in as little as 5 minutes, no ice needed and it works with any brewing method, including single cup machines, drip, and pour over methods 4 designer colors to choose from. Click & Check it out here. Image below.
4. Portable Cup Holder With Clamp – Durable, Portable, and Foldable! This is not cheap plastic – it is aluminum with great clamping power. It fits many sizes of cups and appears safe and secure when holding a 32oz filled cup, a mug (up to 3″ in diameter), a thermos, a water bottle, or a soda can. Click & Check it out here. Image below.
Zevro Indispensable Coffee Dispenser, Silver – 1/2 PoundOzeri Pronto Digital Kitchen and Food Scale, Elegant BlackZoku Grey Iced Coffee Maker, Travel Mug – Hot Coffee In – Iced Coffee OutCup Holder Desk Clip Silver – Durable, Portable, and Foldable!